Skip to main content

Full text of "2016 Emails Between Wilshire Center BID And The City Of LA or Tara Devine"

See other formats

Subject:  Fwd:  The  View  - 7th  and  Kingsley/Ardmore
From:  Wilshire  Center  BID
Date:  08/01/2016  02:50  PM

To:  Joe  Cirrito  <37426@lapd.lacity.org>,  LUZ  BERMUDEZ  <38268@lapd.lacity.org>

Good  Afternoon  SLO  Cirrito  & SLO  Bermudez,

I wanted  to  forward  you  the  email  below  from  a property  manager  about  the  encampments  on  7th.

Thank  you,

Mike  Russell

Wilshire  Center  Business  Improvement  Corporation  (WCBIC)
mike@wilshirecenter.com

www.wilshirecenter.com

facebook.com/wilshirecenter

213-487-7003

3600  Wilshire  Blvd.,  Suite  1 032
Los  Angeles,  CA  9001 0

Begin  forwarded  message:

From:  Ann  Paek  <APaek@cimaroup.com>

Subject:  The  View  - 7th  and  Kingsley/Ardmore

Date:  August  1 , 201 6 at  1 1 :20:43  AM  PDT

To:  Wilshire  Center  BID  <mike@wilshirecenter.com>

Hi  Mike,

Hope  all  is  well.  J

I am  reaching  out  to  you  to  see  if  anything  can  be  done  with  the  amount  of  homeless  people  that  have  overwhelming
increased  in  our  immediate  area.

I have  heard  some  laws  have  changed  where  it  makes  it  more  difficult  to  have  them  placed  in  a shelter.

We  have  had  some  situations  where  they  are  walking  through  our  garage  gate  when  our  residents  are  driving  through  or
they  are  coming  into  the  building  somehow  and  using  our  facilities.  Our  residents  have  become  very  alarmed  and  scared.

There  are  tents  that  are  placed  on  7th  street,  where  they  are  grooming  themselves,  doing  activities  that  are  not  appropriate.
There  are  children  walking  around  with  parents  not  feeling  comfortable  or  safe.

I had  this  happen  to  me  with  my  niece.  My  niece  and  I are  walking  down  7th  street  to  Ralphs’s  and  this  gentleman  was
peeing  in  front  of  their  make  shift  home  and  exposed  himself  to  my  niece  who  is  only  14  years  old.

I tried  placing  work  orders  into  the  app  31 1 but  it  seems  like  nothing  is  being  done  or  changed.

I felt  desperate  to  reach  out  to  someone  who  can  possibly  help  and  I thought  of  you  and  WID.

I am  hoping  that  some  change  can  be  brought  into  our  area.

Thanks  so  much  for  lending  me  your  ear  and  possible  help.

Ann  Paek

Property  Manager
Property  Management
323.860.7408  Leasing  Office
213.389.3515  24-hour  Front  Desk
323.860.4888  Direct
3460  W.  7th  Street  #Lobby
Los  Angeles,  CA  90005

aDaek@cimaroup.com

www.TheViewLA.com

This  message  is  intended  only  for  the  use  of  the  person(s)  to  whom  it  is  addressed.  It  may  contain  information  that  is  privileged  and  confidential.  Any
use,  distribution,  copying  or  disclosure  by  any  other  person  is  strictly  prohibited.  If  you  are  not,  or  believe  you  may  not  be,  the  intended  recipient,
please  advise  the  sender  immediately  by  return  e-mail,  delete  this  e-mail  and  destroy  any  copies.  This  communication  does  not  constitute  an  offer  to
sell  or  a solicitation  of  an  offer  to  purchase  any  interest  in  any  investment  vehicles  managed  by  CIM  Group  or  its  affiliates.  Any  discussion  of  U.S.  tax
matters  contained  within  this  communication  is  not  intended  to  be  used  and  cannot  be  used  for  the  purpose  of  avoiding  penalties  that  may  be
imposed  under  applicable  Federal,  state  or  local  tax  law  or  recommending  to  another  party  any  transaction  or  matter  addressed  herein.